The guide to hidden places, great adventures & the good life
To be published: 18th May 2015, £15.99
About the book
The new compendium of adventures, from the best-selling Wild Guide series. Now released for southern and eastern England.
- Revealing over 1,000 secret places, wild adventures and ideas for local food and natural places to stay.
- Including nationally popular areas such as the broads of Norfolk and Suffolk, the ancient forests of Sussex and Kent, idyllic Cotswolds and the New Forest
- Stunning photos, engaging travel writing and 30 maps
- Perfect for those seeking new adventures with the family, or dreaming up the ultimate romantic weekend escape
- Includes wild swimming rivers, secret beaches, canoeing, ancient woods, lost ruins, sunset hilltops, meadows, wildlife wonders, caves and sacred places
- Also includes farmers’ markets, local food, micro-breweries, ancient pubs and places to stay, such as campfire campsites, houseboats, treehouses and shepherd huts
Where the wild things are…
- Secret beaches
- Wild swimming locations
- Wild camping
- Ancient woodlands and hollow trees
- Wildlife spectacles
- Lost ruins and hidden castles
- Follies, caves and caverns
- Sunset hillforts and lookouts
- Treehouses, gypsy caravans & campfire campsites
- The best wild accommodation
- Best local and artisanal food producers
- Micro-breweries and cider makers
About the authors
Lucy Grewcock is an award-winning adventure travel writer from the Nene Valley and Sussex.
Elsa Hammond was brought up in Kent and recently returned from an Pacific Ocean solo rowing adventure.
07855 050 137
Wild Things Publishing Ltd,
Freshford, Bath, BA2 7WG
Find out more about the original Wild Guide South West