About the book
The new compendium of adventures in southern and eastern England, from the best-selling Wild Guide series. This new compendium of wild weekend adventures features the best hidden places to visit in southern and eastern England, including ideas for slow food and wilder accommodation. From the wild swimming rivers, secret beaches and lost ruins of Norfolk and Suffolk, to the ancient woods, meadows and orchards of Kent and Sussex. Includes the New Forest and Isle of Wight. Contains over 1000 hidden places in the south east and around London including:
- Revealing over 1000 secret places, wild places, micro adventures and ideas for local food and natural places to stay.
- Including nationally popular areas such as the broads of Norfolk and Suffolk, the ancient forests of Sussex and Kent, idyllic Cotswolds and the New Forest
- Stunning photos, engaging travel writing and 30 maps
- Perfect for those seeking new adventures with the family, or dreaming up the ultimate romantic weekend escape
- Includes wild swimming rivers, secret beaches, canoeing, ancient woods, lost ruins, sunset hilltops, meadows, wildlife wonders, caves and sacred places
- Also includes farmers’ markets, local food, micro-breweries, ancient pubs and places to stay, such as campfire campsites, houseboats, treehouses and shepherd huts
Where the wild things are…
- Secret beaches
- Wild swimming locations
- Wild camping
- Ancient woodlands and hollow trees
- Wildlife spectacles
- Lost ruins and hidden castles
- Follies, caves and caverns
- Sunset hillforts and lookouts
- Treehouses, gypsy caravans & campfire campsites
- The best wild accommodation
- Best local and artisanal food producers
- Micro-breweries and cider makers
About the authors
Daniel Start is an award-winning travel writer and photographer. He is the author of best-selling Wild Swimming, Wild Guide South West and Hidden Beaches.
Lucy Grewcock is an award-winning adventure travel writer from the Nene Valley and Sussex.
Elsa Hammond was brought up in Kent and recently returned from an Pacific Ocean solo rowing adventure.
There are no reviews yet.